Leonardo Jardim may a slight edge over Willy Sagnol when it comes to managerial experience, but both men will be taking charge of only their second Ligue 1 game at Chaban-Delmas at the weekend.
The two youngest managers in the French top division (Leonardo Jardim celebrated his 40th birthday on 1st August, while Willy Sagnol turned 37 on 18th March - ed.) both came to their jobs claiming a predilection for attractive, attacking football.
The winds of change are blowing at these two great clubs, and Sunday's game promises to be a classic.
Ligue 1 managers by age, youngest to oldest:
1. Willy Sagnol (FCG Bordeaux): 37
2. Leonardo Jardim (AS Monaco): 40
3. Claude Makélélé (SC Bastia): 41
4. Jocelyn Gourvennec (EA Guingamp): 42 ans
5. Sylvain Ripoll (FC Lorient): 43
6. Jean-Luc Vasseur (Stade de Reims): 45
7. Hubert Fournier (OL): 46
8. Laurent Blanc (PSG): 48
9. Christophe Galtier (ASSE): 48
10. Philippe Montanier (Stade de Rennes): 49
11. Antoine Kombouaré (RC Lens): 50
12. Michel Der Zakarian (FC Nantes): 51
13. Alain Casanova (Toulouse FC): 52
14. Claude Puel (OGC Nice): 52
15. Pascal Dupraz (Évian TG): 52
16. Patrice Garande (SM Caen): 53
17. Albert Cartier (FC Metz): 53
18. Marcelo Bielsa (OM) : 59
19. René Girard (LOSC Lille): 60
20. Rolland Courbis (Montpellier HSC): 61