- AS Monaco and Valencia have already met in European competition, in the first round of the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1980-81. The Spaniards won 2-0 at home, before earning a 3-3 draw at the Stade Louis-II. Last season, the two sides played out a 2-2 draw at the Emirates Cup in London.
- AS Monaco have won three of their last four away games in Europe, losing just one (against Juventus, 1-0).
- Valencia are unbeaten at the Mestalla in their last six home European fixtures (four wins, two draws).
Ricky 5, Valencia 0...
- Ricardo Carvalho has yet to taste defeat in five matches against Valencia (one win in La Liga and one in the Copa del Rey with Real Madrid, two wins and one draw with Chelsea in the Champions League).
- Valencia have won eight of their ten matches in qualifying rounds for the UEFA Champions League (one draw, one defeat), winning all five home legs.
- The Blanquinegros have lost just two of their European ties against French clubs, racking up 13 wins and five draws. And they found the net in every single one of those 20 matches.
PSG show the way
- Valencia have won eight of their nine home matches against French opposition, losing the most recent game against Paris Saint-Germain (1-2) in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League 2012-2013.
- Paco Alcacer has scored in four of his last five games at the Mestalla in European competition (six goals).
- AS Monaco have only won once on their last eight trips to Spain in European competition (5-0 at Deportivo in the 2004/05 Champions League), with one draw and six defeats.