- AS Monaco have scored 29 goals after ten matches of the 2016/2017 Ligue 1 season, the first time they have done so in the history of the competition. It’s also a first for any club at this stage of the season in the top flight for over forty years! OGC Nice matched the achievement back in 1972/73 (29 goals). In addition, this was the first time the Monegasques had scored six goals in a home game in Ligue 1 since 24 May 2003 against Troyes (6-0).
- The Red & Whites now have 22 points on the board after 10 games of the 2016/17 Ligue 1 campaign. Not since 2003/04 (23 points) have they had a better record at this stage of the season in the three-points-for-a-win era.
- In Ligue 1, AS Monaco have won 60% of their matches against Montpellier (27/45), their favourite opponents of the sides currently in the top division.
- AS Monaco are currently unbeaten in their last 29 matches against Montpellier in Ligue 1 (20 wins, 9 draws), their last defeat dating back to 15 January 1994 at the Louis-II (1-2). It’s the best unbeaten run in their history against a top flight opponent.
- Leonardo Jardim’s men have lost just one of their last 21 home games in Ligue 1 (14 wins, 6 draws) and are also unbeaten in their last eight (7 wins, 1 defeat). They have also found the net in their last 22 home matches in Ligue 1, the best run of any side currently.
- A total of 13 different players have netted for AS Monaco in Ligue 1 this season, the highest of any team: Fabinho, Lemar, Germain, Glik, Silva, Carrillo, Falcao, Boschilia, Traoré, Moutinho, Sidibé, Mbappe-Lottin & Jemerson. The latter two scored their first of the season last night: Mbappé has been involved in four goals in his last four Ligue 1 appearances (1 goal, 3 assists), while Jemerson scored with his very first shot on target in Ligue 1!
- L’AS Monaco have scored 11 goals from set pieces in Ligue 1 this season, the highest total of any side (2 from corners, 2 from direct free kicks 3 from indirect free kicks, 4 from the penalty spot).
- Radamel Falcao scored his 13th goal in 24 matches in Ligue 1. He has converted four of his five penalty attempts in the top flight, including two against Montpellier: on 18 August 2013 and on Friday night.
- Thomas Lemar scored his fourth goal of the season in Ligue 1, joining Fabinho at the top of the AS Monaco L1 goalscoring chart, ahead of Valère Germain (3 goals). Germain has scored once on each of his last three Ligue 1 appearances, his best run in the top flight.
- Montpellier have scored first in nine of their ten games in Ligue 1 this season, the highest total of any side, but they have gone on to drop 17 points from winning positions – also the highest total of any side…
5. JEMERSON Jesus Nascimento
Buy his shirt
9. FALCAO Radamel
Buy his shirt