The Leaders P8 Performance forum at AS Monaco's Performance Center
Arsène Wenger, Toto Wolff, Dave Brailsford… a dozen or so of the sport’s top managers were present on Friday at La Turbie to take part in the Leaders P8 Performance forum, which was also attended by the Vice-President CEO Oleg Petrov and the Sporting Director Paul Mitchell.
An event focused on performance
Organised jointly by AS Monaco and Leaders in Sport, a leading provider of sports leadership and content, the event focused on performance. Coming from various backgrounds (football, cycling, automotive, sailing…), the participants were able to exchange on the subject, share their rich experiences, but also discuss the new practices of tomorrow, through various round tables and working sessions.
Guided by James Bunce, Director of Performance, the guests also visited the AS Monaco Performance Centre building, which will be delivered this summer.
Before receiving a souvenir, everyone posed for a photo on the rooftop of the building.
Oleg Petrov, AS Monaco Vice-President CEO:
“We are delighted to have hosted Leaders in Sport and participated in this forum in our new Performance Centre. It was a very enriching day for all participants, there is a lot to learn from each sport and from each other’s experiences. I am convinced that this meeting will lead to lasting exchanges between us, and that we will be able to repeat such events.”
Arsène Wenger, former AS Monaco trainer and participant to the forum:
“When I was in AS Monaco, we were already talking about transforming La Turbie into a modern infrastructure. It took a long time but the result is fantastic: this Performance Centre is a jewel. It’s a chance for the players to be able to work here, to train, to progress. Everything is available. The evolution has been spectacular since I was trainer here. I’m very happy about that.”
James Worral, Founder and CEO of Leaders in Sport :
“The welcome from AS Monaco was fantastic. This Performance Centre is fabulous, it is a real opportunity for all our participants to have discovered this place and the people who use it (staff, players). We worked in excellent conditions and it was the perfect place to organize this Leaders P8 Performance forum. A big thanks to the club !”
The list of participants to the Leaders P8 Performance forum:
– Sir Dave Brailsford, INEOS Sports Director and INEOS Grenadiers cycling team manager (seven-time winner of the Tour de France).
– Arsène Wenger, AS Monaco former Coach (French Champion 1988) and Arsenal FC former General Manager (English Champion 1998, 2002 and 2004).
– Sir Ben Ainslie, Four-time Olympic sailing champion in the Laser (2000) and Finn (2004, 2008, 2012) categories; winner of the 2013 America’s Cup.
– Gareth Southgate, England national team Coach (Euro 2021 finalist) and former player of Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough FC.
– Dan Ashworth, Brighton & Hove Albion FC Technical Director, former Development Director of the English Football Association.
– Damien Comolli, Toulouse FC President, former Sporting Director of Fenerbahçe, Liverpool FC, AS Saint-Etienne and former General Manager of Tottenham FC.
– Toto Wolff, Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team Director (seven-time F1 world champion).
– Susie Wolff, Venturi team Director in Formula E, former racing driver (first woman to score points in DTM)
– Oleg Petrov, AS Monaco Vice-President CEO
– Paul Mitchell, AS Monaco Sporting Director
– Tyson Henly, AS Monaco Commercial Director